Dallas Party Bike is looking for outgoing individuals to lead and drive 15-person bar bike tours in Dallas!
If you’re still wondering what that is, check out this video: https://youtu.be/IPJLfKKqckc
Think of the party bike captain as a cross between a driver, a party host, and a tour guide all-in-one. The party bike captain is the heart and soul of Dallas Party Bike, perhaps of the city or even the universe itself. The captains are responsible for the fun and safety of our guests from start to finish; that they have an unforgettable, five-star experience each and every time they go out with us. For this, the captains are amply rewarded. (Most of our captains make $35-50 / hour including tips!)
However, this job is not for everyone and we don’t hire just anyone. We need the best of the best, the connoisseurs of day and night life, the creators of conversation, and the holders of clean driver’s licenses.
This is a great position for anyone with experience in the service industry such as servers and bartenders, tour guides, and hospitality. Anyone with an outgoing personality or experience with entertainment, acting, or music also tend to be great fits!
Still think you can handle it? Read on!
Position Description: Party bike captains are responsible for meeting and greeting customers and following through with the itinerary in a professional, entertaining and engaging manner. The position requires driving the party bike as well as entertaining and ensuring the safety of our guests through calm control.
There is a lot of variety between our offerings — one group might be a private bachelorette party that simply wants you to take them to local dive bars, and the next will be three small groups on a guided pub crawl. Either way, the groups look to their captains to keep them safe, on time, and having fun. Flexibility and customer service are key to this position!
Our training program is designed to provide the skills necessary to deliver both a safe and fun experience. This is a fun job for those that enjoy meeting new and interesting people! With tips, most of our captains are making $35-$50 / hour!
We operate 7 days a week, mostly on evenings and weekends, making this position flexible even for people with full time jobs looking for a good side hustle.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow check-in procedures and assist customers at check-in according to protocol
- Present the rules, answer questions and help the group with anything they may need
- Make our guests feel welcome and have friendly interactions like you’re one of them
- Drive the party bike and guide our guests on established routes in the given operating area
- Understand the operating area and bar partners, adjusting as needed
- Entertain as well as control large groups to enforce the rules and maintain safety
- Conduct efficient turnarounds between one group to the next
- Ensure party bikes and facilities are clean and maintenance needs reported
- Conduct all check-out procedures in accordance with protocol
Candidates are required to have:
- Availability on nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills,
- The ability to work independently, efficiently, and unsupervised
- The desire to work with the general public and groups
- Demonstrated professional appearance and behavior at all times
- Ability to be consistently timely and reliable
- Reliable transportation
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Clean motor vehicle record – NO DUIs OR SUSPENSIONS
- Pass criminal background check
- Tour guide, hospitality, restaurant, bartender, server, entertainment, or acting experience
- Availability during weekdays
- Alcohol / fake ID training
- Love of local history, culture, craft beer, wine, art, food
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certification
Pay and Incentives:
Position is hourly and part-time. We believe in a strong compensation package so that everyone works hard to deliver a fantastic experience for our guests. Compensation is as follows:
- $15/hour wage and paid training
- 100% of tips received– most groups tip generously for great service
- 5% bonus commission on any booking that uses your driver code
- $10 bonus for every 5-star Yelp/Google/Tripadvisor review that mentions your name
- Flexible schedule and fun atmosphere!
Most of our captains are making $35-$50 / hour with tips. If this position sounds like a great fit for you, please fill out the form below and send to us the required information so we can get in touch.